Bob Metzger to Speak at PLI’s Fundamentals of Privacy Law 2023 Program
Shareholder Robert Metzger, who heads RJO’s D.C. office, will present on cybersecurity issues for the Practising Law Institute (PLI)’s Fundamentals of Privacy Law 2023 program. This course will take place on December 13 at PLI’s offices in New York.
Metzger’s program segment, which will run from 2:30-3:45 p.m., is titled “Vendor Security and Information Security Program Basics.” During this segment, Metzger will walk attendees through how organizations can best approach data security within their networks and when working and sharing data with vendors. During Metzger’s session, attendees will learn about the following:
- Threat actors and vectors
- Components of an information security program
- Contracting and developing legal agreements with cloud and managed service providers, vendors and other third parties
- Vendor due diligence, auditing, contract terms, and certifications
- Source of legal and regulatory data security obligations
- Data security enterprise and workplace policies
- Vendor cyber breach response best practices
This PLI course is eligible for CLE credit in numerous states, including California, New York and Texas. Attendees will also receive IAPP Privacy CPE credit for participating.
Register now to learn from Bob at PLI’s preeminent cybersecurity educational event.