Stephen L. Bacon Panelist: “Ethical Issues in False Claims Act Investigations and Litigation”
On October 14, Stephen L. Bacon, RJO associate, will be a panelist for the ABA’s 2021 Public Procurement Symposium. The panel will discuss “Ethical Issues in False Claims Act Investigations and Litigation.”
- Ethical issues in the context of investigations and litigation under the False Claims Act (FCA);
- The attorney-client privilege and Upjohn and the protection of documents related to internal investigations;
- Ethical issues in document collection;
- Liability under the professional rules of responsibility if an attorney files a frivolous qui tam claim, either on behalf of a realtor or against a former client; and
- Additional ethical rules that are frequently implicated in FCA matters.
Click here for a link to the program.