Lauren Kramer Sujeeth Moderator for the 2022 Annual Bench Bar Conference
Join Lauren Kramer Sujeeth, RJO shareholder, as she moderates The Annual Bench Bar Conference 2022 “Too Rich for Pro Bono, Too Poor to Litigate: Justice for the Middle.”
Topics covered include:
- Complexity in the legal system and what it means for judicial access
- The drivers of litigation expense
- Potential solutions: sanctions reform, fee shifting statutes, reimagining discovery, raising limited jurisdiction amounts, third party funding, extra-judicial resolution
- The legislative policy process, including how to successfully amend the Code of Civil Procedure, and the legislative budget process, including what gets funded and why
The discussion will feature the following speakers:
- Judge Curtis Karnow,San Francisco Superior Court
- Richard Marcus, Distinguished Professor of Law and Horace O. Coil Chair in Litigation, UC Hastings Law
- Luan Huynh, Senior Policy Analyst, Office of Senator Steven Bradford
- Jith Meganathan, Staff Counsel, Assembly Judiciary Committee
- David Nied, Founder and Special Trial Counsel, Ad Astra Law Group
The conference will be held on Wednesday, January 19, 2022.
This meeting will be conducted by as a virtual program and in person. Click here for more information.